Our Collegues - «Kinto» magazine:
- Colored Lithops forms? by Sergey Chikin, Penza
- Interesting cultivar of Mammillaria duwei by Grigoriy Talalayev,
Mikhaylovsk, Stavropol Territory
The editor's desk:
Friends, colleagues, enthusiasts of cacti and other succulents!
I have a great news to tell you.
Together with the team of the journal "Succulents" (see our issue # 5/15) we undertook to make printed version of our magazine in English (we are also planning to issue German version). The new joint journal is to consist of three independent parts.
- The first part will be dedicated to various aspects of biology, ecology, evolution, taxonomy and geography of succulent plants and contain articles from the journal "Succulents".
- In the second part of the joint journal there will be articles from the e-magazine Cultivar and other sources (e.g. we are going to publish English translation of the booklet on leaf succulents written by Peter Lapshin and Alexey Manikov.
- Photo gallery of cacti and other succulents will take up the third part of the journal.
Now you'll be able to read our magazine not only on the screen but to look through it at your leisure – in your arm-chair, on the bench in the park and so on. We are not planning to print all the articles published in Cultivar but only the most interesting of them.
Second, we are asking you to send us photographs of these plants with names or without them (especially colored and flowering cultivars). We will try to summarize the results and report them in the next issues of our magazine. Please don't assume that many people have similar plants and it will be done by somebody else. Please let it be you! The more photographs we have the easier it is to solve the problems of defining the species and their names. You can read more about this action in the article "Problematic cultivars".
We thank all the readers who sent us stories and photos of interesting plants from their collections. New stories and photos are always welcome!
Valery Kalishev, Editor in Chief
Compiler: Walery Kalishev (Chelyabinsk)
English translation by: Larisa Zaitseva (Chelyabinsk, Russia), Irina Ten (VA, USA), Anna Dourtseva (Samara, Russia), Yuri A. Yudin (NH, USA)
Lay-out and publishing in Internet: Peter Lapshin (Moscow)