Emagazine CULTIVAR - ISSUE 1 (23)
Table of content:
- On the names of cultivars Anatoly Mikhaltsov, Omsk, Russia
- Cacti of Sought Korean firm "Koduk Green House Inc."
- The regional plant resource centre in Bhubaneswar (Orissa, India)
- Gymnocalycium cultivars by unknown authors
- Special issue of our magazine to appear soon
- Gymnocalycium cultivars from the previous issues of our e-magazine - Part 1.
Gymnocalycium cultivars from the previous issues of our e-magazine - Part 2.
- We present Gymnocalyciums from the Japan site "Shabomaniac"
- Book presentation: "Cacti. The unique encyclopedia" by O.Ilyashenko, Y.Belous, Y.Sushak, Donetsk, Ukraine
The editor's desk:
Friends, colleagues, enthusiasts of cacti and other succulents!
The new issue of the e-magazine Cultivar is for the most part dedicated to the plants from the genus Gymnocalycium. No other genus in the Cactaceae family is so rich in colored and variegated cultivars.
I'm pleased to inform you that the most interesting articles from the e-magazine Cultivar will be translated into Portuguese soon. This difficult task has been undertaken by Rosaura Leoni from Brazil. Our thanks to Rosaura and many wishes of success. By the way if you know of reprints of our articles in the national C&S magazines or I-net sites share this information with us please.
We invite you to send us photographs of your plants (with or without names), especially of colored and flowering cultivars. Your stories about cultivars from your collection are enthusiastically welcome! The most interesting information and photos will be published in the next issues of our magazine. There are many puzzles in this amazing world of cultivars which are yet to be solved and your photos and stories may be a valuable contribution to the studies of these astonishing plants.
You may read about the problems of defining the species of cultivars and their names in the article "Problematic cultivars'.
We heartily thank all the readers who sent us stories and photos of interesting plants from their collections. You are always welcome!
Valery Kalishev, Editor-in-Chief
: Valery Kalishev (Chelyabinsk)
English translation by
: Larisa Zaitseva (Chelyabinsk, Russia), Irina Ten (VA, USA), Yuri A. Yudin (NH, USA)
Lay-out and publishing in Internet
: Peter Lapshin (Moscow)