E-magazine CULTIVAR - ISSUE 2 (24)
Table of contents:
- Cactus Greenhouse of Nikitsky State Botanical Garden (Ukraine, the Crimea) Eugene B. Erokhin, Yalta, Ukraune. Author tells about unique plants from cactus collection of Nikitsky Botanical Garden and shares growing experience.
- Abnormal forms of cacti in Nikitsky Botanical Garden Peter Lapshin, Moskow, Russia. - Photoreport on the cacti collection with akcent to abnormal forms.
- Connecticut Cactus and Sussulent Show and Sale Yuri A. Yudin The 20th Annual Show was hosted by Connecticut Cactus and Succulent Society on April 5-6, 2004 at Naugatuck Valley Community College in Waterbury, CT. The article is richly illustrated with the author's photographs.
- The largest private collection (Oleg Ilyashenko's collection, Donetsk, East Ukraine) - Photoreport.
- Haworthias and other succulents from the "Succulent Tissue Culture" (Netherlands) Wonderful Haworthias from the laboratory collection.
- European diary. Traveling through collections: Camil Prochazka (Prague), 2004 Valery Zlotin (Moscow, Russia)
- Cultivars and new plants in collections - Joaquin Lozano from Spain and Vitaly Derevyanko (Krasnoyarsk, Russia).
- The First scientific-practical conference - "Biological diversity and introduction of succulents".
Saint-Petersburg, Russia, October, 8-10, 2004
The editor's desk:
Friends, colleagues, enthusiasts of cacti and other succulents! We invite you to send us photographs of your plants (with or without names), especially of colored and flowering cultivars. Your stories about cultivars from your collection are enthusiastically welcome! The most interesting information and photos will be published in the next issues of our magazine. There are many puzzles in this amazing world of cultivars which are yet to be solved and your photos and stories may be a valuable contribution to the studies of these astonishing plants.
You may read about the problems of defining the species of cultivars and their names in the article "Problematic cultivars'.
We heartily thank all the readers who sent us stories and photos of interesting plants from their collections. You are always welcome!
Valery Kalishev, Editor-in-Chief
: Valery Kalishev (Chelyabinsk)
English translation by
: Larisa Zaitseva (Chelyabinsk, Russia), Irina Ten (VA, USA), , Yuri A. Yudin (NH, USA)
Lay-out and publishing in Internet
: Peter Lapshin (Moscow)