Amateur clubs of houseplants and plants exhibition in Moscow
Moscow - is a city which have about 10 millions people. It is a very large megalopolis. There are many people impressed by growing different plants in urban flats.
The activity of clubs include: organization of an plant exhibitions; excursion and lecture program for amateurs. Visit of the lectures is charge-free, exhibitions - depending on place. Museums have a plate of a going into a museum, in other places - entrance is free of change. The activity of clubs as organizations is include popularization of room plants growing, preservation of valuable original sorts and infrequent plants, development of methods of cultivation of plants in home conditions.
In Moscow there are following amateur clubs:
Two cacti clubs::
Two indoor planting clubs:
- "The Moscow cacti club" (site). It exists since 1953, place of a exhibitions: Biological museum named Timiryazev (1-2 times per year),
- "Russian Organization for Research in Cacti and Other Xerophtic Plants" (site). It exists since 1998, place of a exhibitions: State Darvin Museum (1-2 times per year); Zoo Museum by Moscow University (every winter);
Five Sainpaulia (African violets) fans clubs::
- "Moscow Indoor Planting Club" associated in the "Society of recovery and nature conservation" (site). It exists since 1953 place of a exhibitions: pavilion 'Tsvetobodstvo' in The All-Russia Exhibition Center (2-3 times per year), Zoo Museum by Moscow University (by winter) and at other places (4-6 times per year);
- "Biofitum" club at Timiryazev's Biological Museum (site). It exists since 1986, place of a exhibitions: this museum (1-2 times per year);
Other plant lover clubs:
- "Russian open organization of african violets fans" (site). It exists since 2001, place of a exhibitions: pavilion 'Tsvetobodstvo' in The All-Russia Exhibition Center (2 times per year);
- Association of floriculturists around of shop "The House of a Violet" (site). It exists since 2002;
- Association of floriculturists around of shop "Center of a Violet in All-Russia Exhibition Center" (site). It exists since 2005;
- "Central organization of Gesneriaceae fans" at Timiryazev's Biological Museum (site). It exists since 2004; place of a exhibitions: this museum and State Darvin Museum (2 times per year);
- section of african violets at club "Moscow floriculturists" at "Moscow society of recovery and nature conservation".
- "The Moscow society of the Orhid amateurs" (site);
- Club "Bonsai" at Tsitsin's Botanical Garden of Russian Academy of Scienses;
- Moscow club "Ikebana" (site);
- Club of an arrangement of plants: "The Second life of flowers" (site).
Today we are tell about some shows, which organazed by some of these amateur clubs. It is plants exhibitions spent by "Moscow Indoor Planting Club" - MIPC (chief - Peter Lapshin), by "Russian Organization for Research in Cacti and Other Xerophtic Plants" - RORCOXP (chief - Valery Serovaysky) and by "Russian Open Organization of African Violets Fans" - ROOAVF (chief - Natalya Andreeva).
We are offer you to look at some photos from these shows. The photos are made by camera of the mobile telephone, therefore do not judge strictly for their quality.
By the autumn 2006 such exhibitions of these clubs were organized:
cacti exhibition by RORCOXP in State Darvin Museum (19 September - 8 October) - photo 11-15;
exhibition of a pot plants by MIPC at "Sontsevo" show-room (2-15 October) - photo 7-10;
mini-exhibition of a pot plants by MIPC at Zoo Museum by Moscow University (from 25 September) - photo 1-6;
joint show of african violets and other pot plants by ROOAVF and MIPC at pavilion 'Tsvetobodstvo' of the All-Russia Exhibition Center (20-31 October) - photo 16-27;
a festival of a plants clubs at the pavilion 'Tsvetobodstvo' of the All-Russia Exhibition Center (3-19 November). This is a joint show by 4 clubs: ROOAVF, RORCOXP, MIPC and Orhid club.
We invite all people on the lectures and shows, and an experienced floriculturists to participation in the exhibitions.